Sunday, August 21, 2011

Charlotte to the mother...

"She must ask herself seriously, Why must the children learn at all? What should they learn? And, How should they learn it? If she take the trouble to find a definite and thoughtful answer to each of these three queries, she will be in a position to direct her children's studies" (Vol. 1, p. 171).

as I look forward to a new "school year" and my goals, plans and ideas take shape, I am grateful to find the encouragement from like-minded authors to guide my thoughts and hands as I prepare for the months ahead.  A new vehicle will be ours this year as we use a new-to-us curriculum and I prayerfully seek God's guidance and grace as I attempt to not only proffer the means to give my beloved an education, but also to nurture them with love, patience and humility to live Christ-centered lives. 

The Old Schoolhouse
Simply Charlotte Mason 

No comments:

Post a Comment