Monday, March 19, 2012

Have not kept up to date and so much "life" has occurred in our family the past 6 months...

I have watched a sister agonize over the loss of her marriage and her children suffer great emotional damage.  I have tried to comfort, support and uphold them in love and prayers and watch God work in the darkness of this regrettable situation. 
My Dad has had recurring health concerns, at times very serious, and I have wondered about the reality of losing this one who raised, nurtured and loved me.  We have survived great loss together.  He is my Dad.  I spent a week with him to remind him that he is loved by this daughter he nurtured and raised.  Precious memories...lots unspoken...
Was, and still am, privileged to offer hospitality to lots of guests in the home we moved into in November.  Large space, interesting yard...room to breathe.  With that blessing, though, comes lots of responsibility.  Moving is never easy, and of all the moves in the past 10 years, this one was the most physically difficult, but praise God for lots of help.  The dust is settling, and the process of organizing and setting up "nest" is slowly becoming a reality.  My sweet Aunt is so helpful and encouraging.  I have been blessed with her presence and so appreciate her tenderness, encouragement and listening ear.  Many conversations with those who have lived longer have transpired and we take away new thoughts, solidified goals and knowledge that we are loved and  prayed for by many.
School schedules have taken a "beating".  Not much directed study, but lots of life experience occurs daily.  Time to focus, reassess and move forward.  Searching for direction for the future.  We are blessed with two very individual, intelligent children.  We seek to know their hearts are tuned to right, and that they are exposed to doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, so they may succeed in this world, both spiritually and humanly speaking.
A time of renewal for our marriage was overdue, and efforts are being made to re-establish a close knit bond that helps guide our thoughts and minds toward our family's future. A spiritual rekindling must be tended for our marriage's health and future.  Confronted with the adversary's success in depleting the sacred vow of loved ones has "shocked and awed" us into taking decisive action in being watchful for any cracks that can cause a crumbling.
Health issues, ever present, ever pressing, have taken me, personally, on an emotional and stressful roller coaster ride these past six months.  I have given and received, but finally have placed this priority on a lower "shelf" for now.  I felt this was necessary for my mental stability, so as to offer my family a more focused energy to help us reach an equilibrium in our daily life.  Once established, seeking the Lord's guidance, I will revisit my options down the road.  Being the non-confrontational being that I am, I still struggle with the closure of these issues with regard to the professionals involved.  Need to work on that...
Our future is before us.  We are floundering with the decisions facing us as we work to become financially unburdened, find a way to prioritize our lives.  God must be first.  We know that...there may be NO "buts"... The rest should follow in an orderly sequence for us to realize true peace and contentment.  Our quest...

Hope to keep up more regular again.

No comments:

Post a Comment